The Mortgage Loan Closer will be responsible for closing and funding all loans according to the proper product type, investor, agency and internal guidelines, state and federal guidelines, and all Company processes and procedures in an accurate and timely manner. The Closer is responsible for the accurate preparation of compliant closing documents to ensure they are salable on the secondary market. The Closer will communicate with client, internal staff and other outside agencies to facilitate all closing/funding issues in a timely manner.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Core duties and responsibilities include the following.
- Review files received from processing thoroughly to check if all documents needed for closing are available.
- Make calls to any concerned third parties with to schedule loan closing.
- Coordinate with Title Company for setting up closing schedule.
- Revert to processing for any missing documents needed.
- Ensure all the fees and cost are accurately calculated.
- Prepare closing instructions and coordinate with Title Company to monitor the closing and funding.
- Ensure all at close and funding conditions are met as per investor requirements.
- Manage the document management system to show only relevant documents and correct names.
- The closer is the next in line to check the processor’s work for completion.
- The mortgage loan closer usually has 24 to 48 hours to complete the file and ready it for closing. After the closing, the closer usually has 15 Business day to ensure that the loan has funded and the paperwork is complete for compliance standards with the investor.
- Review loans and accurately complete all data input into mortgage loan origination system and Closing Document Management System for preparation to order closing documents.
- Issue accurate and complete closing documents to Title Company or closing agent within three days of scheduled closing date.
- Review HUD /CD for accuracy and compliance to all loan product parameters and issue HUD/CD Approval.
- Order wires from approved warehouse bank in accordance with their loan level requirements.
- Issue funding authorization after documentation has been reviewed and found to be correct.
- Ensure any trailing documents are collected and filed within the correct electronic mortgage loan origination system container for shipping to the investor.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Language Skills – Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees, customers, and the general public. Ability to speak clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations and conduct productive meetings. Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to negotiate and to plan and execute comprehensive employee communication plans.
- Business/Interpersonal Skills – Ability and willingness to make timely decisions exercising sound and accurate business judgment. Ability to align efforts to business mission and culture and develop strategic initiatives that sync with company strategy. Solid business acumen, exhibit self-motivation and initiative in timely completion of goals and activities, and ability to interact effectively and responsively to employees and the Leadership Team. Ability to build positive working relationships.
- Problem solving—Identify and resolve problems in a timely, objective and confidential manner and gather and analyze information skillfully.
- Planning/Organization – Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans, work independently, and set expectations. Ability to project manage, multi-task and meet deadlines.
- Quality management—Ability to demonstrate accuracy, thoroughness and quality.
- Technical Skills – PC excellence, including working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook, and LOS
- Good communication, attention to detail, analytical, computer skills and the ability to work in a fast paced deadline driven environment. Needs to have sound judgment, a consistent sense of urgency, have the ability to think independently as well as collaboratively, be a team player and strong problem solver.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- HS diploma or equivalent required. Some college or trade school certification preferred.
- 5-7 years of hands-on mortgage closing experience required
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Mortgage Closing: 5 years (Required)
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity
- High stress tolerance — thrives in a high-pressure environment
Company’s Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible
Work Location: Remote